San Diego Deportation Defense Lawyer
Fighting Removal and Helping Families Stay Together
Fighting a deportation order can be complicated, and you may feel overwhelmed. However, our immigration legal team at Rodriguez Law Firm can help you through the process.
Attorney John R. Rodriguez can help you identify the best removal defense strategies, which may include:
Our deportation defense attorney will start building your defense strategy by carefully reviewing your particular set of facts. We can utilize our extensive understanding of current case law, immigration statutes, and public policy issues to help you build a solid case.
Common Grounds for Removal
An immigration judge can deport anyone who is not a citizen of the United States. This includes permanent immigrants (LPR) and nonimmigrant visa holders.
There are three main groups of people that are at high risk of deportation:
- Non-citizens that have been arrested or convicted of certain crimes, including domestic violence convictions.
- Non-citizens that have been deported or had a voluntary departure but returned or stayed
- Undocumented immigrants who entered without inspection.
Undocumented immigrants are always targeted by ICE and are at high risk of deportation. However, some undocumented persons can avoid deportation if they are able to present a type of relief recognized by the court.
Based on the U. S. Immigration and Nationality Act, foreign citizens can be deported for the following reasons:
- They entered without inspection and they have no visa or green card
- They overstayed their visa or have an expired visa
- They returned after being removed from the United States
- There was a misrepresentation on a visa application
- They were found to be in a fraudulent marriage
- They were convicted of certain misdemeanor or felony crimes
- They are a naturalized U. S. citizen that obtained their green card or citizenship by misrepresentation or fraud
- They are a non-citizen that claims to be a U. S. citizen
Our experienced attorney can help by reviewing your case and look for the best legal strategies that can stop your deportation or reverse a prior removal order.
I was really confident in sending out my GC application after working with them.
He was extremely patient and professional.
Thank god we found Mr. Rodriguez's law firm.
I had researched at least 30 lawyers before I chose John. All the other lawyers I spoke to seemed focused on their fees rather than my case.
This was all a super stressful situation, but after hiring John, I finally felt like the weight was lifted.